Tips to Refrain from Reciprocal Toxic Behaviors
Tips to assist in refraining yourself from embodying reciprocal toxic behaviors when encountering a person who is engaged in said behaviors.
- Have rock solid Boundaries
- Practice Prudence
- Do not allow the rejection of others into you heart or mind. Remain in self-love, compassion, acceptance and confidence
- Practice Mindfulness
- Step back and observe; what belief and identity is the other person operating from within themselves?
- Practice behaviors/habits of a virtuous person. Meekness is great as You are able to restrain your own power and allow room for the other person’s behaviors; you understand the why behind their behavior. Long-suffering is another great one behavior; being patient with yourself first allows you to be patient with others.
- Bow out gracefully if You need to leave the experience to protect yourself and your energy.
“It is honorable to back off from a fight, but fools jump right in.”
“The naive believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps. The wise are careful and avoid evil, but fools become excited and overconfident. Short-tempered people make stupid mistakes, and schemers are hated. Stupidity is the lot of the naive, but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.”
“Unfriendly people look out for themselves; they bicker with sensible people. Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing their opinion. When the wicked arrive, so does contempt; with shame comes insult. The words of a person’s mouth are deep waters, a bubbling stream, a fountain of wisdom. Favoring the wicked isn’t good; it denies justice to the righteous. The lips of fools make accusations; their mouths elicit beatings. The mouth of fools is their ruin; their lips are a trap for their lives. The words of gossips are like choice snacks; they go down to the inmost parts.”
“Lying lips conceal hate, and those who spread slander are fools. With lots of words comes wrongdoing, but the wise restrain their lips. The tongue of the righteous is choice silver, but the heart of the wicked lacks value. The lips of the righteous nourish many people, but fools who lack sense will die.”