Does your child meet any of these traits?
– Startles easily
– Learns better from gentle correction (versus harsh punishment)
– Uses big words for their age
– Has a clever sense of humor
– Doesn’t do big changes well
– Asks lots of questions
– Is a perfectionist
– Is quite intuitive, seems to read your mind
– Is very sensitive to pain
– Is bothered by noisy places
– Feels things deeply
Highly Sensitive People are born with highly sensitive nervous systems that allow them to grasp subtle changes in energy – in both emotional and physical environments. This makes them become overwhelmed by the emotional distress of others or in highly stimulating environments.
They have wrongly been labeled as hyper-sensitive and often asked why they can’t just be like everybody else – but they most definitely are not. As they represent a mere 15% of the population. So from an early age, they can develop self-confidence issues if they don’t learn to see their sensitivity as a gift.
Since children create a sense of self worth during their early formative years, it is important for parents of HSPs to realize their child needs more help creating self-confidence than the “average” child.
Parents can offer this help by:
1. Offering encouragement – so they know they are supported for who they are
2. Allowing your child to feel their feelings – teaching them how to manage them
3. Showing them their sensitivity is a strength – through perspective shifts
4. Validating your child’s experience – by not discounting what they feel
5. Honor your child’s ability to pick up subtle energy – intuitive training
I empower Highly Sensitive Children between the ages of 7-13 to embrace their sensitivity as a gift so they develop sustaining self-confidence.
My coaching practice is unique because I teach both intellectual and intuitive skills to foster self-confidence. The Wisdom curriculum teaches children how to use the power of their minds and the power of their thoughts to create self-confidence, and my Reap program teaches them how to reclaim their personal power by tapping into their intuition for daily guidance. Thus learning to turn obstacles into growth opportunities.
If this sounds of interest to you, please contact me for a free consultation at Michelle@BeBraveBeYou.org