- Fulfill Your Dream of being a Published Author – Many people hold the dream of being published. Have you been told “you should write a book”? Do you have a message that is intriguing, inspiring, or entertaining? Do you feel it is your purpose to help others, and do you feel your life is a great example of what to do or what not to do in life? Many people hold the dream of getting published – and it’s probably 50/50 as to how many people allow themselves to fulfill this dream. Your dreams are here for a reason – don’t let your dreams stay dreams.
- Share Your Story – Everyone has a story to tell. Heck, you’ve lived a lot of life and you’ve learned lots of lessons along the way. Much of what you’ve lived may be inspirational, motivational, educational, and perhaps even entertaining for someone to read. Maybe it’s your purpose to share your story for the benefit of others. Maybe it’s their purpose to hear it. Maybe, in sharing your story, you’re doing what you were born to do. And maybe, just maybe, your story will make a difference in the lives of those who read it.
- Reach & Teach More People – Do you consider yourself a teacher, trainer, mentor, or coach? Is that part of what your business or practice is about? Are you here to enlighten others and help them grow? Are you here to assist people in making their lives better? Books help you reach more people than you already do when you’re in the same space with them sharing your lessons and message. Books are shared, saved, and read over and over again. They are used as references and guides. Your story and the lessons you share in your published book, will reach people you may never even know about, so by getting published you’ll be doing an even greater service to the world than you can imagine.
- Automatic Credibility & Credentials – Published authors position themselves as experts in their field. Not everyone has the wherewithal to write a book or to share their story in a published anthology. Imagine all the speakers you’ve listened to who are published authors. Think about the published authors who are interviewed on talk shows, on summits, or in a panel at a conference. Being a published author, or a bestselling author provides immediate and recognizable credibility. You will have the esteemed credential of “published author” to use on your business card, in your bio, on your website, in your signature. Does this matter? You bet it does. Notice how often you see this and what it means to you about the person who holds this credential.
- Increase Your Influence – Influence is the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, or the effect itself. Who do you want to influence? How many peoples’ lives do you want to touch? How do you want to make your mark on people and the planet? Being a published author helps you do this in a bigger, broader way than not being published.
- More & Better Speaking Engagements – Do you love to get in front of people and share your message? Do you consider yourself a teacher, trainer, healer, or messenger of hope and inspiration? Think of the many people you have listened to at a conference or a meeting, and think of how many of them were published authors? It’s because published authors have more credibility and people listen differently to someone who has been published than to someone who does not hold this distinction. As a speaker, you can attract more potential clients to you.
- More Targeted Prospective Clients – When you share your story in a book, you are attracting people to you. Your written words have power and energy and as people read them, they’ll want to know more about you – perhaps, they’ll even want to work with you. They’ll visit our website or YouTube channel or follow you on facebook. Your vibe attracts your tribe, and so does your book. Do you want more clients? Write a book or share your story in an anthology book.
- Posterity, Legacy – What message do you want the world to hear if even when you’re no longer living here to tell it? A book lives on in print longer than the author does. Look at your bookshelf – are all the authors still living? I imagine, if you’re like me, you have plenty of books by authors who have passed whose messages of mastery still live on in their books. Many of these messages are timeless. Is yours? Will your message and lessons help people in 10, 20, or 50 years from now? Will your grandkids who you haven’t even met yet benefit from your message? Will throngs of young entrepreneurs or healers learn from you even when you’re not here? What legacy will you leave?
- Make Money – You make money when you sell your books; this happens through direct sales from your inventory as well as through royalties from your publisher. You also make money when you use your book to get in front of prospective clients – In fact, this is the real way all non-fiction authors make most of their money. It is in using your book as the ultimate marketing tool that it is.
- The World Needs Your Story – Do you believe that everything happens for a reason? Do you believe you’ve lived through, overcome, and learned what you did for some higher purpose that is way bigger than just you? Do you think other people will benefit from your story, lessons, and message. Then you owe it to yourself to start writing, start talking, and stop waiting for the right time to do it. The truth is that right now is the right time for sharing your truth. If you lived it and learned from it, then sharing it is exactly what the world needs you to do. Imagine all the people you can help with your story. Don’t let your story die inside you. You lived it for a reason, and someone is waiting to hear it.
About Powerful You! Publishing – We’ve helped more than 300 women become published authors. If you have a story or message that will inspire, empower, encourage, and motivate others, then we want to help you do it. Please reach out to us. Getting published is faster, easier, and more valuable than you think – and complete, professional publishing services are more affordable than you imagine. Get published now with Powerful You! Publishing.
Are you feeling stuck creating your online business? Are you struggling to move forward? In this week’s Podcast of The...