Ever feel like everyone you know has more confidence than you do? You feel like you could crawl underneath the door and it’s not even open?
You are not the only one my friend. People all over the world has some confidence issues. Whether it’s to talk to someone you want to go out with, reach out for friendship, develop business relationships, networking, or doing what you need to do to increase business. So, what do we do to increase our confidence?
Here are 5 things you can do today to increase your confidence:
- Posture – your posture tells the world a whole lot about you and your confidence. Remember your Mother telling you to sit straight and walk with your shoulders back. Think of a person who walks in the room with their shoulders back, head held high and a smile on their face. Now, think of a person who comes in the room with their shoulders rounded, head down and not smiling. Which one looks more confident? You are correct, the first one. So, start with posture.
- Stop thinking of yourself so much. Sounds a bit harsh, but the more focus you have on yourself the more self conscious you will be. Focus on the person you are talking with, be in the moment and be interested in the other person.
- Write out questions. If you are shy and don’t know what to say to people memorize some questions when the conversation goes to a stand still. Especially if you are on a date and you are getting to know each other.
- Be yourself. You are unique and wonderfully made. People want to know you not someone you think they want to know. Don’t compare yourself to others.
- If it doesn’t come naturally to you at first, you will need to practice until you are comfortable. Practice being around people. Practice all the steps.
Whether you have some confidence or none, you can use these steps to increase your confidence. There are so many more things you can do to increase your confidence, such as mindset and how you talk to yourself. Give me a call for your complimentary discovery session to see how we can work together to increase your confidence.
While reconstructing her life after divorce, she lost her 17-year-old daughter in a car accident. Her life felt like it stopped, and she struggled and fought to get out of the darkness. Although the two very stressful situations are very different she realized there were similar processes to recovery.
Karen is passionate about sharing her journey and step by step system to help others reclaiming their lives after the death of a loved one and divorce with POWER, CONFIDENCE & JOY so people can create joy and happiness once again. She is now making her teachings available online.
Create Energy Now